Thursday, April 19, 2012

Easter Crafts

Pin It

It wasn't until my kids started daycare that I realized the true value of toilet paper rolls. They have consistently proven their worth with kids activities. On Good Friday, I didn't work and daycare was closed. So I decided to try to fill the day with fun activities. 


Toilet Paper Roll Easter Rabbits                  When we started off making our Easter Rabbits, I only had a vague idea of what we were going to do. We started off by making the ears by cutting a gluing a pink piece of paper atop a white one. Next, we glued a cotton ball to the top, to make a puffy tail. I was a little confused on how to make the faces, until I moved some plastic Easter eggs to the side. I realized that they fit nicely inside the tubes and we could attach google eyes. Then we used our heart-shaped hole punch to get a couple noses. Next, fold the bottom of the ear over on itself and use this tab to glue the ears to the tube. Or you could take Tate's approach and glue the ears on the side of the tube.


Dying Easter Eggs
Making these colorful food items are something that I loved to do as a kid and was an assumed thing that my kids would love as well. What does a brightly color have to do with a religious holiday? The egg is meant to symbolize a fresh start or rebirth of Jesus as he rose from the grave.





Add some bling to your eggs by gluing a pattern on your egg and covering it with some glitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...